International Final 2024
What to Expect
Our biggest and most exciting competition of the year!
Destination Dance will host an International Final at the end of each competition season which is by invitation only. To qualify you must attend one of our regional competitions. This exciting event which is packed with world class competition and exciting opportunities for all its competitors.
Dancers must be available to perform on either Saturday or Sunday and the overall schedule will be sent on the 1st of April 2024.
Dance Idols rehearsals and perform on the same day as their solo performance.
Important dates for your scheudle
Each regional competitions has a different closing date as we have limited space and want to ensure those who qualify later in the season are still able to compete.
Dublin, Surrey, Beckenham Kent –
Closing Date all entries online- December 13th 2023 (Fees Due- 28th February 2024)
Poole, Wales, Liverpool, Midlands-
Closing Date all entries online- 28th February 2024 (Fees Due- 28th February 2024)
Closing Date all entries online- 20th March 2024 (Fees Due- 20th March 2024)
1st April 2024- Schedule released all Tickets go on Sale
Space is very Limited and we operate on a first come first serve bases
- You must compete the same number that qualifies at regionals at our International competition
- Categories, time limits, ages, music and general rules are the same as the regional competitions
- We will hold a International Title competition
- All scoring, and general prizes are the same as our regional events. Please note we will not award a best in show winner at our International Final as the winners of our Showdown will be crowned the Destination Dance performance of the year.
- Dance Idol winners must attend rehearsals to be eligible to perform in the opening number of the showdown.
- NEW- Age category is determined by the age you are on the International Final. If your age category is different than it was when you qualified DCG will automatically move you to the older category.
- SUBSTITUTION: Regional qualifying routines may substitute dancers, except solos. However, routines must contain at least 50% of the original qualifying dancers in order to participate in International Finals.
- All props must be in place within 1 minute please ensure all props backstage must be labelled with School/Studio name for identification purposes..
- Sportsmanlike behaviour is expected at all times, failure to display proper decorum could result in immediate disqualification.
During our International final, judges will choose performances to be invited back to perform again at our showdown at the end of the competition day. We will have one showdown per competition day. Dances can be a solo, duo/trio or group and be any age or dance style. These routines will battle it out to be crowned the Destination Dance performance of the year.
By Invitation Only