Please read carefully the following rules and regulations as failure to comply could result in disqualification.
- Solo performers may never compete against themselves in the same age or performance category.
- There is a limit of 3 solos per person.
- It is advisable to wear footwear suitable for your performance category
- ALL competitors are the sole responsibility of their dance school/ studio, DESTINATION DANCE is NOT responsible for any competitor. ALL entrants under the age of 16 must be chaperoned by a nominated adult at any competition run by DESTINATION DANCE. The chaperones will be accountable for the behaviour and welfare of minors at all our events.
- Ages is determined by how your old you are on the day of the competition.
- Duo/Trio and Group ages are determined by the average age of the dancers.
- If a protest regarding age arises, all competitors must be prepared to present proof of age.
- No dangerous props may be used such as fire, swords, knives etc.
- General props and gymnastics mats are allowed.
- No form of liquids (including water), gels, aerosols, glitter, or confetti, etc. which may affect the stage surface, may be used during a routine.
- All props must be in place within 1 minute please ensure all props backstage must be labelled with School/ Studio name for identification purposes.
- No additional sound equipment or microphones may be used or connected to the DESTINATION DANCE sound system.
- Sportsmanlike behaviour is expected at all times, failure to display proper decorum could result in immediate disqualification.
- All music must be entered into your registration page no later than one month before the competition. Failure to do so may result in the act not being able to perform.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT MUSIC ON THE DAY OF COMPETITION
- Please note that you can enter information and make changes up to two weeks before the event after that NO changes will be permitted.
- Delete or remove routines- If you cancel or delete a routine that has been entered on to the online registration system you will be charged a £5 administration fee.
- All rights reserved to DESTINATION DANCE to use competitor photographs and or videos or to appear on local and/ or national television and/ or promotional material
- Spectators/ members of the audience are expected to treat all competitors with respect and refrain from making unnecessary noise or movement during performances, however once performances are complete cheering and encouragement are very welcome
- Only Dance Schools can register for Destination Dance and Independent entries are not accepted.
- Balance must be paid in FULL no later that one month before the competition. All entries that are not paid for in full by the closing date will not be allowed to compete.
- NO REFUNDS
- DESTINATION DANCE and the hosting facility are not responsible for personal injury or property loss.
- DESTINATION DANCE reserves the right to add or reduce competition days or move the competition location due to unforeseen circumstance
- Any change in competition days and/ or times is at the sole discretion of DESTINATION DANCE and will be determined by the amount of time available at each Competition.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST COMPETE ON THE DAY AND TIME ASSIGNED ALL ENTRIES WHICH DO NOT COMPETE AT THEIR ASSIGNED DAY AND TIME WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ADJUDICATED AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR HIGH SCORE OR BE AWARDED 1ST PLACE
- Please ensure entries are stage appropriate and do NOT contain explicit or inappropriate content.
CHILD PERFORMANCE LICENCE
- Please note some councils may require children who perform more than three times in six months to have a child performance licence. Please contact your local council for more information.